Top 10 All-Time Favorite Authors
Kel Tuesday, April 21, 2015 top10
Asking me to name my favorite authors is hard--mostly because I read on a book-by-book basis. Even if I love everything else an author has written, I can still hit a dud or just not be interested in one of his/her newer releases. That said, the following are some of my all-time favorite authors, not because I love everything they've written, but because they've all managed to do something special for me.
- Diana Wynne Jones - for always making me smile.
- Robin McKinley - for bringing fairy tales and fables to life and writing strong heroines.
- J.R.R. Tolkien - for showing us that the small and weak can do incredible things, and that good triumphs over evil.
- C.S. Lewis - for stories that make you feel like a kid again.
- Margaret Peterson Haddix - for giving me sci-fi, dystopia, fantasy and everything in between.
- Gail Carson Levine - for writing magical stories.
- Kiyoko Arai - for making me laugh.
- Marissa Meyer - for presenting fairy tales anew.
- Edgar Allan Poe - for making me like poetry.
- Jane Austen - I've never actually finished one of your books, but they make great films. ;)
That's it for this round of 10! Thanks for stopping by and check back tomorrow for this week's Updates! In which I finished Daredevil and BEA approaches. :)